Welcome to SFAAZ, The Shipping and Forwarding Agents' Association of Zimbabwe!
SFAAZ is a voluntary association of shipping lines, freight forwarders, customs clearing agents, bonded warehouse operators and in-house clearing importers and exporters.
SFAAZ was founded around 1955 with a mandate to represent the interests of its member companies. Estimates are that members of the association handle in excess of 95% of the country’s commercial imports and exports. The customs clearing members of the association play a very significant role in import revenue collection on behalf of government.
The association also has a mandate from its membership and an expectation from its stakeholders, including government, to be the vanguard of a very high level of professionalism and to provide competent and relevant training programmes for the industry.
- To be the ultimate symbol of goodwill and professional business practice for players in the Shipping, Clearing and Freight Forwarding industry.
- To protect and to represent the interests of Shipping, Clearing and Forwarding Agents.
- To ensure quality service delivery standards through the adherence to a professional Ethical Code of Conduct by all our members.
- To promote co-operation and understanding between members and other stakeholders.
- To further the interests of members at local, regional and international levels.
- To enhance the industry’s technical capacity through training of personnel at all levels.
- To be the communication nerve centre for the industry through updates, seminars and other communication methods.
- To undertake any initiative that enhances the professional image of the Clearing and Forwarding industry in Zimbabwe.
- To deal with all matters concerning the welfare of members through engagement with relevant stakeholders and to be proactive in ensuring that the industry is involved and consulted in all policy and legislative matters.
- To strictly enforce the provisions of the Constitution and the Code of Conduct, to discipline deviant members and to expel from the association any member whose conduct puts the name of the association or of the industry in general into disrepute