- To protect and to represent the interests of Shipping, Clearing and Forwarding Agents.
- To ensure quality service delivery standards through the adherence to a professional Ethical Code of Conduct by all our members.
- To promote co-operation and understanding between members and other stakeholders.
- To further the interests of members at local, regional and international levels.
- To enhance the industry’s technical capacity through training of personnel at all levels.
- To be the communication nerve centre for the industry through updates, seminars and other communication methods.
- To undertake any initiative that enhances the professional image of the Clearing and Forwarding industry in Zimbabwe.
- To deal with all matters concerning the welfare of members through engagement with relevant stakeholders and to be proactive in ensuring that the industry is involved and consulted in all policy and legislative matters.
- To strictly enforce the provisions of the Constitution and the Code of Conduct, to discipline deviant members and to expel from the association any member whose conduct puts the name of the association or of the industry in general into disrepute
SFAAZ is a voluntary association of shipping lines, freight forwarders, customs clearing agents, bonded warehouse operators and in-house clearing importers and exporters.
SFAAZ was founded around 1955 with a mandate to represent the interests of its member companies. Estimates are that members of the association handle in excess of 95% of the country’s commercial imports and exports. The customs clearing members of the association play a very significant role in import revenue collection on behalf of government.
The association also has a mandate from its membership and an expectation from its stakeholders, including government, to be the vanguard of a very high level of professionalism and to provide competent and relevant training programmes for the industry.
SFAAZ is a member of the Federation of Clearing and Freight Forwarding Association of Southern Africa (FCFASA) and the International Federation of Freight Forwarding Associations (FIATA).
- SFAAZ has branch offices in major towns and most border posts.
- The SFAAZ secretariat offers technical assistance to members where necessary.
- SFAAZ is a membership driven organisation. It operates on the mandate of its members.
- SFAAZ offers the only reputable industry training programs. The training programmes are internationally accredited.
- SFAAZ provides the biggest networking platform of freight forwarders and clearing agents in Zimbabwe.
- SFAAZ is the communication nerve centre of the industry in terms of vital and timely information dissemination to and from its membership.
- SFAAZ links you with other freight forwarders in the region and abroad through the association’s affiliation with regional and international organisations.
- SFAAZ is the voice of the clearing and forwarding industry in Zimbabwe. It commands considerable respect from government, ZIMRA and other stakeholders.
- Membership of SFAAZ denotes a certain level of professionalism. Members are expected to adhere to the provisions of the association’s values, constitution and ethical code of conduct.
The association offers a variety of high quality courses in freight forwarding and customs clearing.